Android Operating System Introduction

Android Operating System Introduction

What is Android Operating System
Android is a mobile operating system that has been around for nearly 15 years. Youll primarily find it as the base operating system of phones and tablets around the world. Additionally, there are other operating systems that natively support Android applications, including Chrome OS and Windows 11.
Search giant Google owns Android. However, the system is open-source, which makes it freely accessible to anyone, even for commercial use. This makes Android very different from Apples iOS, macOS, and Microsofts Windows, which are all closed-source platforms.
The History of Android Operating System
Believe it or not, Android started out as software for cameras. Andy Rubin and his team developed Android starting in 2003 by using core code from Linux, another open-source operating system. The idea was to make a universal operating system that all camera companies could use.
However, during the later development of Android, Rubin realized that smartphones were the future. He decided to revamp Android as a smartphone operating system instead. The idea didnt attract much investment since Windows Phone, Symbian, and other phone operating systems were already dominating the market. Rubin and his team almost stopped development when they ran out of money.
In the end, a generous monetary gift from a friend kept the team going and Google swept in and bought Android for about $50 million in 2005. The Android team worked under Google to develop an operating system that worked well on mobile phones with physical buttons and full QWERTY keyboards.
However, the arrival of the iPhone in 2007 forced the team to go back to the drawing board. They revamped Android again to also work with touchscreens. This resulted in the HTC Dream, also known as the T-Mobile G1, the very first commercial Android phone. It had a touch screen and a QWERTY keyboard, as seen above.
Since then, there have been thousands of Android phones and it is now the most popular operating system in the world.
Android Operating System in Akuvox
Android, as the smart platform for mobile terminals,  has already brought immense conveniences to our lifestyle. While Akuvox is not new to Android.
We are the first company in the world to have launched Android smart desk phone in 2012, and released an Android-based door phone in 2015.
That is why we can offer deep customization to our clients, so that end-user would feel conformable using our system just like using their smartphone. And the very nature of Android allows you to expand features needed for your project. Since the system is open to almost any
other 3rd party systems, like home automation systems, camera systems, and alarm systems.
Currently Akuvox has Android operating system door phones and indoor monitors.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

All comments 4
    kaushik 2021-12-03 16:42:51
    Sir ,  can I upgrade C317 to Android 7.  For some projects, we request at least Android7 to install the apps.
    Jimmy 2021-12-03 17:22:45
    kaushik replied at 2021-12-03 16:42
    Sir ,  can I upgrade C317 to Android 7.  For some projects, we request at least Android7 to install ...

I don't think the system can be upgraded, I have other provider, they give me the answer, but if Akuvox can make it work, that will be super nice.
    By the way, I think neil from Akuvox is a lovely girl, LoL.
    Mary 2021-12-03 17:32:16
    Very detailed post, which enriched me with the knowledge of the Android system. It's a brilliant idea that Akuvox develops Android system into its products. Make the integration more flexible. Akuvox really impresses me.
    cahit 2021-12-16 15:12:12
    I like learn technology background knowledges, thanks for that.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up